CUSTOMER INFORMATION ABOUT OUR COMPLAINTS PROCEDURE
We always want to provide the best possible service for our customers but recognise that sometimes you might be disappointed with our service. If you are dissatisfied by the service we have provided to you, you can make a complaint to us. By making a complaint, you’re giving us the opportunity to investigate and improve our services for everybody.
To make a complaint, please contact us using the information provided in this procedure. We will then review your complaint and provide you with our response. If you are not satisfied with the response we have provided, you can escalate the complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service for their decision.
HOW TO MAKE A COMPLAINT
If you wish to make a complaint about our service, you can do so by emailing: FSComplaints@mtr.co.uk
INFORMATION TO PROVIDE WHEN MAKING A COMPLAINT
We aim to resolve your complaint as quickly as possible. To help us do this, please provide the following when making your complaint:
- A description of your concern
- What you would like us to do to put things right
- Your name and address
- A phone number and the best time to contact you
WHAT HAPPENS AFTER MAKING A COMPLAINT?
Shortly after receiving your complaint we will send you an acknowledgement, letting you know that we’ve received the complaint and that we’re looking into it. We’ll also let you know when you should receive our response, which we will always aim to provide within 8-weeks from the day you made your complaint. We will then keep you updated on the progress of your complaint up to the time when you receive our response.
Before we will respond to your complaint, our complaint handler will investigate the circumstances surrounding your complaint and which led to it being made. They will look at why you’ve made your complaint and investigate what might have gone wrong. Then, within 8 weeks from the date of your complaint, our complaint handler will send you either:
- A final response addressing the complaint and outlining your right to appeal with the Financial Ombudsman Service if you are dissatisfied with the resolution of your complaint; or
- A written response which explains why we are still not in a position to make our final response, giving reasons for the further delay, indicating when we expect to be able to provide our final response and informing you that you can now refer your complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service if you are dissatisfied with the delay.
THE FINANCIAL OMBUDSMAN SERVICE
If you are not satisfied with our resolution of your complaint and you have allowed us the 8-week timeframe to respond to your complaint, you can escalate your complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service at:
By post: Claims Management Ombudsman, Exchange Tower, London, E14 9SR
By telephone: 0800 023 4567
Via their website: https://cmc.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/
If you wish to raise your complaint to the Ombudsman, you must do this within six months from the date of our final response unless we have expressly said otherwise within our final response.
You can find more information on the services provided by the Financial Ombudsman Service by visiting their website (link above).